Friday 12 September 2014

Rainbow Blanket

Happy Friday everyone.

I have not blogged for a little while due to family illness but while its been a stressful time at home I have still been hooking. My youngest requested a blanket for her bed in rainbow colours so I looked through my stash and came up with this beautiful blanket. I wanted something that would make up in one go with minimal weaving in of ends ( I loath that bit) and here it is HOTH (hot of the hook). I had to finish it today because Rebecca said she really needs to sleep with it TONIGHT!.

Although this blanket now belongs to Rebecca and I will probably never see it again, I am putting it in my crochet shop to have made to order. If anyone would like me to make them one then just drop me a message. To make takes approximately 50 hours, this one took me four weeks to complete so please remember that if placing an order. I do have an order book and all large blanket orders are completed on date placed basis. I hope that makes sense.  Anyway here it is and I hope you like it.



I can make this blanket in pram, cot, single bed or double bed size and also in various colours, this version is rainbow but I have other colours too which shall be in my shop soon. Any questions or commissions please drop me a message.

This is the pattern.

I choose 13 different colours of Stylecraft Special DK and a 4mm hook.

2 x 100g for the stripes and border colour choice and 12 x 100g for the stripes.

I used the following stitches - tr, htr, V stitch, ch

V st = tr1, ch1, tr1 in same chain.

To begin chain 163, work 1tr into the 3rd ch from the hook, *skip 2 ch's and work a V st into next ch* continue from * to * to last 4 ch's, skip 2 ch's, tr1, tr1.

Row 2: Ch2 (counts as 1st treble), tr1, then work a V st into each ch1 space along the row to last 4 ch's, skip 2, tr1, tr1.

Row 3: repeat row 2 until desired length achieved.

Border - change colour and work 1htr stitches all around the blanket, I worked 1 in each ch along the top and bottom and two in gaps down the sides.

Change colour again and work 1htr into each ch, in the corners make a ch1 to continue around.

I worked two rows for the border but you can make it as thick as you prefer.

I worked 3 rows of pattern per colour but you can work as many as you prefer.

I hope all of that makes sense but please message me if I have made a mistake and I shall update the pattern, I have written the above from memory because I forgot to write it down as I went.

Happy hooking Friday on International Crochet Day 2014.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this blanket. One of my favorite stitches to do.

awemastuff said...

On my weekend project list - you pattern and colour choices are terrific
x Jeannie X (r-in-the-g)

Challenge 5000 Update

Happy Sunday morning, sun is shining for a while at least so I thought I would give you my first update. July was a slow month due to oth...