Wednesday, 17 June 2015

Simply Beautiful Star Blanket

I was asked by my sister to make two matching baby blankets for her friend who had just giving birth to precious twin girls. I wanted to make something different, not a granny square or 'v' stitch blanket. I had a good look around the internet and came across a beautiful blanket on Ravelry, here is a link to the pattern Rainbow Ripple Baby Blanket

I used New Fashion which I had never used before and I was extremely happy with the way it worked and how the blanket turned out. My blankets are only 36" point to point where the pattern calls for 45" but I thought mine was just the right size for tiny twin girls.

I picked baby pink, clematis and white and I just love how the blankets came out. So much so I have another 4 on the go, same colours but different stripes. 

I am so bad with starting and finishing one project at a time but I love having a choice to work with. I also have to finish my bag I shared previously, a baby girl pinafore dress that is nearly finished and for which I am writing the pattern plus a blanket for my Daughter and I have to catch up with the CAL. I suppose I shall get there in the end.



This is a close up of the colours, its not easy to see on the photo above.



These two lovely blankets shall be handed over to my sister on Saturday and I do hope the twins' Mummy likes them.


1 comment:

Una said...

The twins' Mummy will definitely love them. I can see her taking lots of photos of the twins lying on them.

Gift Bag Pattern

I've been playing with some scraps of yarn and following on from my cutie pie purse, I designed this little gift bag in 3 sizes, ...